The YubiKey 5 NFC is a hardware based authentication solution that provides superior defense against phishing, eliminates account takeovers, enables compliance and offers expanded choices for strong authentication. This key delivers strong authentication over Near Field Communications (NFC) and via USB-A ports. New with the YubiKey 5 NFC is support for FIDO2 allowing organizations to enable passwordless login.
The YubiKey 5 NFC includes:
- Support for strong single factor, two-factor hardware and multi-factor authentication
- Strong authentication with support for multiple protocols (Yubico OTP, OATH HOTP, OATH TOTP, U2F, PIV, and Open PGP), and FIDO2 the new standard enabling the replacement of weak password-based authentication.
- Out of the box integration with hundreds of services, with no shared secrets.
- A seamless user experience that is easy to use, fast and reliable and is proven at scale to significantly reduce IT costs.
How it Works:
- Choose a service to sign-in with and enter your username and password.
- When prompted, simply insert the YubiKey into a USB port or touch it to NFC supported devices.
- Authenticate effortlessly with a touch or tap the YubiKey 5 NFC to your NFC-enabled device.
- Strong single factor, two-factor hardware and multi-factor authentication
- Easy and fast authentication with a single touch or tap to NFC enabled device
- Reduces IT operational costs
- Multiprotocol support on a single key
- Crush-resistant and waterproof
- Made in the USA & Sweden
- Four times faster than typing a One Time Passcode
- Always on and accessible because no batteries or network connectivity is required
- Login to your personal Microsoft Account with YubiKey 5 NFC – no passwords required on supported devices8
- Supported protocols: FIDO2, FIDO U2F, smart card (PIV), Yubico OTP, OpenPGP, OATH-TOTP, OATH-HOTP, and Challenge-Response
- Secure element hardware to protect cryptographic keys and perform cryptographic operations
- Crypto Algorithms: RSA 40965, RSA 30725, RSA 2048, RSA 1024, ECC p2566, ECC p3846
- Interface: USB-A and NFC
- Works on Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux and on major browsers such as Chrome, Firefox2, Safari3, Edge7, and Opera4
- Works on mobile platforms such as iOS1 and Android4
- Works with Google, Facebook, Dropbox, Twitter, LastPass, Dashlane, and hundreds of other services.
- PIV smart card compatible, smart card minidriver available on Windows
- Works only with Yubico OTP over NFC via apps that have integrated support
- Firefox ships with FIDO U2F disabled and it must be enabled in the about:config menu. Some services that use U2F do not work with Firefox even after enabling the feature.
- Not compatible with FIDO U2F or FIDO2/WebAuthn
- Not compatible with FIDO2/WebAuthn
- Supported only on OpenPGP.
- Supported only on smart card (PIV).
- Requires Windows 10 1809 or newer. Edge does not support the U2F API.
- This feature is available on any Windows PC with the Windows 10 version 1809 update and Microsoft Edge installed
Modell: YK 5 NFC